Do you use People’s Park and care about its future?
We love this fabulous green space and thought a ‘Friends of People’s Park’ group would be a good way to help look after it.
The ‘we’ is local residents’ association, Friends of High Town (FoHT). We already play a role in caring for and promoting the use of People’s Park, which includes Bell’s Close recreation ground and Pope’s Meadow.
FoHT has organised events and activities in the park, been a key player in Luton Borough Council consultations about it and has been instrumental in maintaining its Green Flag status year after year.
But we feel a specific group dedicated to the wellbeing of People’s Park could:
- create opportunities for more local people to get involved
- arrange further park-related activities
- apply for funding for projects such as the successful orchard planting
- encourage better working with and representation at Luton Friends of Parks and Green Spaces
- engage with Luton Borough Council about improvements to the park
We’d like to invite you to an initial meeting to hear your thoughts and ideas.
It’ll be online, of course: via Zoom on 12 May 2020 at 7.30pm.
To join the meeting, please email High Town Community Worker, Sam Willis, at firstname.lastname@example.org